PDA

View Full Version : An a vewwy Happy Cwimbo 2 u an all (tee hee)

darkeyes
Dec 7, 2008, 8:39 AM
Me dad who brews 'is own ale showed me this lil gem this mornin.. much prefer plonk but the odd lil beer sumtimes dus me gud... (not 'is home brewcos it has a bad effect on me ability 2 stand up an make ne sense...yea me knos...like usual).

http://www.tescodiets.com/b2b/msndiet/archive.cfm?article_id=1277&code=410600&GT1=62750

Rudy75
Dec 7, 2008, 11:55 AM
...and yet John Cleese once refered to English beer as:

"Nasty, warm, sticky stuff with various forms of pond life..."

darkeyes
Dec 7, 2008, 12:56 PM
...and yet John Cleese once refered to English beer as:

"Nasty, warm, sticky stuff with various forms of pond life..."

Strange man John Cleese.... Brit ale shud b neitha warm or 2 chilled.... the nasties r live bacteria wich help give the beer its flavour an r actually gud for ya.. the stuff mos peeps drink is chilled 2 the extreme.. sterile an tastes like weewee (not that weewee is summat that me goes outa me way 2 drink..but sum seem 2 like it... an not jus wen drinkin beer eitha) (an lots of it is bout wee cola an all lemme add) ..beer an ale shud b cool an refreshin... is a fallacy that its served up warm... jus shudn hav condensation runnin down the glass an havin ya fingies froz off holdin it... or set ya teeth on edge as it passes ya lips.. howeva.. jus 2 help enlighten ya 2 the pleasures a British beer an ale... the followin is the web site a the Campaign for Real Ale.. the ole man's bible hun...read an take heed ifya wanna avoid is 'ire...;)

www.camra.org.uk/

U refer 2 gud beer in the way Cleese did in fronta the Fran ole man, e' bein not quite the nice person me is.. not wen it cums 2 beer..e' wud rip ya head off afta pourin a few gallons a the worst lager an fizzy beer e' cud find down ya throat.. an ifya sed that bout 'is home brew... ya wud b exposed 2 a few weeks a the Fran awful poetry prior 2 the rest a ya punishment.. an that is worse..much worse than ne thin ne Vogon eva rote...:bigrin::bigrin:

Quote..."the English make by far and away the best beer this world has ever seen..." My poppa... k? For a Scotsman 2 say owt gud bout the English an especially THAT gud... is almos unhearda..but ther ya r... :tong:

FalconAngel
Dec 7, 2008, 1:18 PM
Well, most Americans don't understand "room temperature" here is not like "room temperature" in the UK.

Over there, room temperature is bloody cold to us, here. But then again, to us folks here in the US, room temperature is closer to 80 degrees.

That's why American brewers chill the beer to near zero, I think.